Main dishes, they are the second dishes, they are hot, they are the most interesting for all housewives (well, except for desserts and baking, of course, you know). In the world there are hundreds of thousands of recipes for main dishes with all sorts of ingredients. Each country has its own peculiarities, conditioned by natural, climatic and economic factors. One remains unchanged - each nation has its own "main dishes".
Why the second dishes
In general, it is very interesting, why the "second dishes" were named second. Look, what should be the correct sequence of serving dishes on the table:
- The first to offer cold snacks to guests
- Further, when for a pleasant conversation cold snacks ended, it is customary to serve snacks hot
- After snacks, the time of "first courses", that is soups
- But for soups should be the "second", that is, "second dishes", but not all, but only those that are with fish
- If guests get hungry they do not satisfy their fish, the second course with meat and poultry
- And that the guests feel welcome, they certainly need to be treated with dessert
- Now, when everyone is full and happy, you can invite everyone to take seats on chairs and sofas, prudently putting the fruit bowl in a prominent place.
This is table etiquette. And even if you decide to shorten the list of meals, the sequence will remain the same. But something second is not the second in a row, right?
Do you observe table etiquette?
In everyday life, no one practices etiquette. In my family, one main course with a garnish for lunch or dinner is always more than enough. But it also imposes on me the obligation to constantly look for new recipes. And I do not mind!
My motto is a new meal every day! Therefore, I have already developed the habit of making a weekly menu, paying attention to such details as: nutritional, calorie, ingredients. Food should be light and balanced, so basically I choose lean meats, poultry and fish, and as a side dish I most often use vegetables, both raw and heat-treated. And once a week you can make a full vegetable day!
These are the recipes and examples of the menu I want to share with you! And you answer share with me your!