They always take them with me instead of incomprehensible food, which is distributed in flight. Today I will tell you how to make delicious rolls with any fillings at home so that it is no worse than in a sushi bar.
What you need for rolls
If you have never cooked house rolls before, you will have to spend a little money. First get a bamboo mat. With its help, you can quickly and beautifully roll an even roll. Also be sure to buy rice vinegar. Replace it with another impossible. Rice has a soft, slightly sweet taste and an unsharp flavor.
Rice is best to take exactly the one that comes with the words “for sushi”. It does not boil soft, keeps its shape, while in the process of cooking it gets the stickiness we need. In all the Magnets and Festive there is always rice by Sensoy. The packages are small, but there are enough rolls on 5. If you cook for a small company, it is better to take the 2 packaging.
Nowhere to go without sheets of nori. Take large sheets, better dense, write about it on the package. Thin can tear or crumble. Do not save.
Soy sauce, choose at your discretion. Kikkoman very tasty, but bites for the price. Heinz - sweet, for an amateur. Sensei is affordable, inexpensive, but it is better to dilute it with water.
And the last to throw in the basket pickled ginger and wasabi.
What to cook rolls
As I said, I always cook vegetarian for myself. For filling I take avocado and cucumber. Sometimes I add cream cheese, sesame to them. A good one is “Greek roll” with tomatoes, cucumber, greens and cheese. Do not be surprised, it is also delicious.
For friends, I make classic rolls with salted salmon, smoked salmon or eel, boiled shrimps, mussels. Raw fish, of course, do not use. Where does it get fresh?
You can combine the ingredients at your discretion.
How to spice rice for sushi and rolls
If you are a lover of sushi and rolls, you should have noticed that the rice in them is not bland. In general, according to the Japanese, rice in sushi plays a crucial role. Therefore, the taste of the whole dish depends on how it is seasoned.
Cooked rice in unsalted water. On 2, servings of rolls need 2 cups of rice and 2,25 cups of water. I cook in a slow cooker on the “Pilaf” mode. It turns out perfect.
The finished rice is seasoned with a mixture of rice vinegar, salt with sugar. The main thing is to keep a balance.
- Portions: for two
Simple rolls with what is in the fridge
Simple rolls with what is in the fridge: Ingredients
- Cooking rice
- Rice for sushi - 250 gr
- Water - 350 ml of water
- Rice vinegar - 2-3 st.l. (depends on the company and preferences)
- Cane sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1 / 2 tsp
- Boiling water - 1 table spoons
- For Japanese omelet
- Eggs - 2 average
- Soy sauce - 1 table spoons
- Fish sauce - 1 table spoons
- Cane sugar - 2 tsp
- For Greek rolls
- Cheese of Brynza
- Cucumber - 1 average
- Tomatoes - 1 average
- Lettuce leaves - 4-5 pcs.
- Additional fillings
- Avocado - 1 average
- Sesame - a handful of
- For rolls and feed
- Nori sheets - 4 average
- Soy sauce - to taste
- Wasabi - to taste
Step by step guide
- I always cook rice only in a slow cooker. So it turns out perfect without worries and troubles. Multicooker fits any. For Panasonic and analogs mode "Plov", for Redmond "Cooking 25 minutes". First of all, the grits need to be washed. Water to drain at least 3 times! When rice is washed, pour clean water for boiling. On 250 grams of rice you need 360 ml of cold water. Or on the 2 cup of rice 2,25 cup of water, if measured with glasses for the multicooker.
- While the rice is boiling (it will take about 25 minutes), prepare the seasoning. To do this, mix 2 tsp. cane sugar, tbsp 1 / 2 salts, 2 Art. l rice vinegar and 1 st.l. boiling water, let loose dissolve. I use vinegar Sensa, it is quite strong. If you have another company like Midori, it may be weaker, so add another STN 1.
- Avocado cut in half, remove the skin as a banana and cut into slices
- For Japanese omelet mix 2 raw eggs, 1 st.l. soy sauce, 1 st.l. fish sauce (if any) and 2 tsp. cane sugar or powdered sugar. Put it all together with an immersion blender.
- The pan is well heated, smeared with vegetable oil, pour in a small portion of eggs. When the eggs grab a little, roll up gently roll. Pour the next batch. Repeat until the eggs run out. I had enough for 2 times in a small skillet. Remove from the heat, remove the omelet and put on the board. Cut along in half.
- Rice should already be ready. Pour the seasoning into it and mix well, close the lid and let it soak for a couple of minutes.
- Wash cucumber, peel and cut into cubes. Wash the tomato and cut the upper part in a circle. The inner part is not needed. Cut into large strips. Lettuce leaves wash, dry and set aside. Prepare a piece of cheese. On the mat put a sheet of nori.
- Lay a thin layer of rice no more than on Nori's 2 / 3 Square. So that rice does not stick to hands, moisten palms in a mixture of water and 2 Art. rice vinegar
- Posting avocado and roll tight roll. Postpone
- On the mat put a sheet of nori. Lay a thin layer of rice no more than on Nori's 2 / 3 Square. So that rice does not stick to hands, moisten palms in a mixture of water and 2 Art. rice vinegar. Sprinkle with sesame, lay out a piece of omelet and slices of avocado. Roll up roll. Postpone
- On the mat put a sheet of nori. Lay a thin layer of rice no more than on Nori's 2 / 3 Square. So that rice does not stick to hands, moisten palms in a mixture of water and 2 Art. rice vinegar. Put cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. Roll up roll. Postpone
- On the mat put a sheet of nori. Lay a thin layer of rice no more than on Nori's 2 / 3 Square. So that rice does not stick to hands, moisten palms in a mixture of water and 2 Art. rice vinegar. Put an omelet, cucumber and avocado. Roll up and set aside.
- Each roll cut in half, and then each half on the 4 part
- Serve with wasabi and soy sauce