I absolutely completely fell in love with this recipe for oatmeal muffins for breakfast. Gentle, not sweet, with an interesting texture due to dense whole grain oatmeal. As with any muffins, you can mix it with a fork in 5 minutes.
Whole Grain Oat Muffins
The recipe is an elementary of the "quick". All the ingredients are very quickly mixed together with one right, the dough is poured into forms, and then it's up to the oven. While the muffins are baked, you will have time to gather yourself and organize the children.
A huge advantage of these muffins is the fact that they do not add oil. Neither vegetable nor creamy. Greek yogurt takes its role quite successfully. Bananas not only add a taste accent, but also help the eggs to do their job - to tie everything together.
From the flavors take cinnamon and cardamom. Their sweetish aroma is perfect for bananas and oatmeal. If desired, you can also add a little vanilla extract or vanilla sugar.
Of all the components, the most important are flakes. We are preparing a healthy breakfast, which means that we choose the oat-flakes from those that require long cooking. At least 15 minutes. Do not worry, they will not be tough.
Oat Muffin Recipe
The ingredients are extremely simple and are in any supermarket. Nothing specifically to look for is necessary. Stock up on bananas, eggs, Greek yoghurt, milk, ground cinnamon and cardamom, rolled oats and baking powder. If you want to add sweets, use a couple of tablespoons of sugar without a slide or ground in a blender dates.
Dough for muffins do not require thorough mixing. The main thing is to knead the bananas well so that large pieces do not come across. A blender or mixer will not be needed. Enough simple forks.
For those who like to crunch, I recommend adding some chopped nuts to the dough. Almond, for example. Also well work sunflower seeds flax, pumpkin and sunflower.
- Pieces: 16
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Portions: for four
Oatmeal muffins for breakfast
Very tender muffins with oatmeal without butter and almost without sugar
Oatmeal muffins for breakfast: Ingredients
- bananas - 2 pieces medium, ripe
- Eggs - 2 pcs C1 or C2
- Yogurt Greek - 250 gr
- Milk - 250 ml
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp with a hill ground
- Cardamom - a pinch of ground
- Salt - pinch
- Sugar - 2 st.l., can be replaced by dates or dried apricots
- Oat flakes - 3 glass or 240-250 gr
- Baking powder - 10 gr
Step by step guide
- Oven included on 180, top mode
- Peel bananas, put in a bowl and knead well with a fork
- Add eggs, mix
- Pour sugar, salt, spices, add Greek yogurt and mix everything together again. Sugar in the recipe can be replaced with dates or dried apricots!
- Add 3 glasses of thick oatmeal (I have a capacity of 250 ml), mix
- Add baking powder and mix well
- Pour in milk, mix
- Pour the dough into paper forms. I got very unsuccessful, not waxed ones from aliexpress and everything sticks to them a little.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Take out and serve on the table by yourself or with jam