I suggest cooking pasta with eggplants stewed in tomato sauce with black pepper and garlic, seasoned with fresh mint. Least effort, maximum taste.
Eggplant Pasta Recipe
The idea of this recipe was inspired by the popular in Sicily dish called “pasta alla norma”. Sicilians are generally great connoisseurs of tomatoes and eggplants, only basil is taken as a flavor and aroma accent. And we will make the mint version more refreshing and suitable for summer.
Preparing pasta just minutes 15-20. For those who like me following the sugar, I recommend to take either whole-grain wheat pasta, or a novelty - half a whole whole-grain half-wheat pasta. It is not starchy, it boils quickly, but is a more useful analogue of wheat. To taste the differences you will not find.
Tomatoes can be taken from the jar already prepared sliced, either the trades, or a fresh ripe tomato. From the last do not forget to pre-remove the skin. In the recipe “pasta alla norma” ripe cherry is required. If you want, you can take them.
I ran out of fresh garlic, but I always have dried granules in reserve. I love them for a more intense flavor. But do not insist, use fresh garlic, if you want.
Mint replace melissa fail. Peppermint is also not very suitable. Need a classic with a sweet soft aroma.
Well, the final component, parmesan. It needs quite a bit, just add a light creamy touch. You can rub it on a fine grater, or you can, like me, make feathers.
- Pieces: 2
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
Eggplant and Mint Refreshing Paste
A great simple pasta recipe with refreshing mint notes. Ideal for a hot summer day
Eggplant & Mint Refreshing Paste: Ingredients
- Eggplant - 1 pc small
- Tomatoes cut - 150 gr
- Tomato paste - 1 table spoons
- Mint - 1-2 twigs
- Paste - 150 gr
- Salt - to taste
- Vegetable oil - 2 table spoons
- Black pepper - pinch
- Parmesan - a bit for filing
- Garlic - 1 / 2 tsp dried
Step by step guide
- Put boiled salted water for pasta, boil according to the package instructions
- Eggplant cut into slices, then into small cubes
- Put a frying pan on the fire, pour in vegetable oil
- Throw eggplant
- Fry lightly until golden
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, mix and simmer 3-4 for a minute under the lid
- Transfer the finished pasta to the sauce with 3 tablespoons of water
- Wash mint and finely chop
- To serve, put the eggplant paste into the plate, add a generous portion of mint and a little parmesan