I've been experimenting a lot in recent months. I try to replace components of animal origin in baking like gelatin, butter and dairy products with vegetable products. Successful recipes appear on the site. One of them was wonderful sesame cookies. Today I present a carrot-coconut vegan cake with pineapples and nuts.
How to replace butter and eggs in baking
There are a number of ingredients that perform an indispensable role in baking, give it certain properties. So egg whites are responsible for fluffiness and work as a thickener. Butter contributes to the fact that pastries are softer and more tender. To exclude these components without significant loss of taste is impossible. That is why we will replace them.
The closest and affordable analogue of butter is coconut refined. It gives no taste or smell. It does not affect the color or texture, does not bake fat, unlike sunflower oil. Coconut oil is well whipped, quickly increasing in volume - everything is like cream. The difference in quantity. Vegetable always need less. So 200 grams of butter corresponds to a coconut 1 / 2 cup.
Eggs can also be replaced. Unfortunately, there is not a substitute for all the functions of the protein, but the main thing is to thicken - by virtue of a banana, applesauce, chia seeds and flax, tofu. Most often, I take bananas. On 1, an egg will have an 1 / 2 banana.
Carrot & Coconut Vegan Cake Recipe
With the basics figured out, now about the cake. Cakes will be very juicy and fragrant thanks to pineapples, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and nutmeg. No need to soak in syrups. Basics hold their shape well, do not fall apart. The texture is dense. Taste is many-sided due to well combined components. Walnuts leave at your discretion. I always put it myself. They crunch nicely and bring a little needed loose crust.
Cream elemental. Pure coconut cream and icing sugar. It makes no sense with such an abundance of flavors and aromas to overload the cream with additives like vanilla. Try to find a cream without emulsifiers. To make the cream thick and keep the shape, there is a small secret. A jar of cream must be pre-refrigerated. Cooling, the cream will rise to the top. Do not shake the jar before preparing the cream, we need to get rid of the liquid as much as possible. Beat better in an ice tank.
- Portions: for 8 people
Carrot-Coconut Vegan Cake
Coconut Carrot Vegan Cake: Ingredients
- Flour, wholemeal - 150 gr
- Rice flour - 150 gr
- chips of coconut - 1 glasses
- Coconut oil - 1 / 2 refined glass
- Carrots - 2 cup grated
- Banana - 2 average
- Coconut milk - 150 ml
- Pineapples in syrup - 1 glass
- Walnut - 1 / 2 cup
- Baking powder - 15 gr
- Cinnamon - 1 / 2 tsp
- Carnation - 1 / 4 tsp
- Ginger - 1 / 4 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1 / 4 tsp. ground
- For cream
- Coconut cream - 1 Bank
- Powdered sugar - 60 gr
Step by step guide
- The oven is heated to 175 degrees. 2 baking pan grease and cover with baking paper
- Mix flour (150 and 150 gr) and baking powder
- Grate carrots on a fine grater. Pineapple grind in a blender to produce about 1 glass
- Mixer to beat refined coconut oil with sugar in a large bowl at medium speed
- Peel bananas, puree in a blender. Add to the dough and how to beat.
- Pour coconut milk (150 ml)
- Add half the flour and spices and beat well.
- Grated carrots, coconut and pineapple (walnuts, if used), mix with the dough until smooth
- Add the rest of the flour, mix
- Spread evenly in two forms.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until tender. Cool 10-15 minutes. Remove from the mold, cool completely.
- Cool the cake layers in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Bowl, where you will beat the cream in a freezer for 10 minutes. Coconut cream get out of the fridge. DO NOT BOOST! Remove the top thick layer with a spoon, the liquid is not needed. Use only pure coconut cream without emulsifiers. Not advertising :)) just better than AROY-D in Russia did not meet in stores
- Beat coconut cream with powdered sugar until it increases in volume.
- Lay on the dish first cake, fluff cream.
- Lay the second cake on top
- Cover the entire cake with cream. Decorate as desired.