On the eve of the New Year, I want to share with you a recipe that you will be happy to use on holidays when you get tired of traditional salads. Today, again, Chinese cuisine. High-speed noodles with chicken, broccoli and cashew nuts. You will need only minutes 20 time from the moment the ingredients are prepared until serving. Not bad, right?
Chicken, Broccoli and Cashew Noodle Recipe
Dish nourishing. The cooking process is elementary. Cook noodles, cut the breast and vegetables, fry, put it all together. From spices there will be only garlic, black pepper and soy sauce. A pinch of spices plus a couple of spoons of soy is enough to achieve the desired flavor and taste. I have cherry tomatoes in the photo. I threw them for additional color, you can do without them. You can decorate the dish with fresh cilantro greens and green onion feathers.
Pay attention will have only two points: the broccoli should be Al Dente and Asian noodles need to cook properly.
What is al dente
There is an Italian term, Al Dente. Literally, it means “to the teeth”. Previously, it was used only in relation to pasta, when they wanted to say that the paste should maintain a slight hardness (resistance) when biting.
Today, this expression is true for meat and vegetables and symbolizes “half-cooked”. Al Dente's meat will be pinkish with blood. Vegetables will crackle slightly on the teeth. With regard to vegetables, it is true to note that this method of cooking allows you to save more vitamins.
How to cook buckwheat noodles
I will tell you how to cook Asian noodles on the example of buckwheat. The same method is applicable for egg noodles, and for wheat udon noodles. First, the cooking time is strictly limited. For yakisoba this is 5 minutes. Boil more and get softened pieces of flour. Second, the noodles love a douche.
Always prepare a colander and a bowl of cold water in advance. As soon as the set cooking time has passed, remove the noodles from the stove, throw in a colander and rinse. Do not ignore this step. Not washed, noodles in a couple of minutes will become a sticky lump. But as soon as you wash off the extra starch, you can leave it for a few hours.
Bon appetit and happy holidays!
- Portions: for four
Noodles with chicken, broccoli and cashews
A quick chicken dish that feeds 20 minutes
Chicken, Broccoli and Cashew Noodles: Ingredients
- Chicken breasts - 2 average
- Broccoli - 1 average
- Cashew - 50 gr
- Buckwheat noodles - 1 packaging
- Soy sauce - 2-4 st.l.
- Black pepper - pinch
- Garlic - 1 / 2 tsp dried
- Vegetable oil - 1 table spoons
Step by step guide
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Broccoli disassembled into inflorescences. Rinse the nuts with clean water.
- Put boiled water. Prepare noodles, colander and 1,5 liters of clean cold water. As soon as the water boils, throw noodles.
- Boil 5 minutes. Then drain in a colander and rinse with water. Set aside
- Put the pan on fire. Once heated, pour in the vegetable oil, throw the chicken. Spread over the entire surface of the pan.
- When the chicken turns white from all sides, throw broccoli and cashews, pour in soy sauce, add pepper and garlic. Fry, 3-4 minutes. Broccoli should be thick but pierced with a fork.
- Throw to the chicken and broccoli noodles
- Serve with cilantro and green onions